Herbalists Without Borders is sustained by volunteers, donors & members delivering health, wellness and humanitarian aid to those in need.
Herbalists Without Borders (HWB) embraces a collective vision of a global community where all people have access to affordable herbal holistic natural & botanical health and wellness.
With a global team of volunteers we are able to provide natural and botanical support to communities through HWB Chapter's grassroots projects and special projects. Herbalists Without Borders International has 15 Special Projects and over 50 Local to Global Chapters!
Herbalists Without Borders vision is a global community where all people have access to affordable natural and botanical health and wellness. To bring that vision into reality, we work with community-based chapters to create educational, advocacy and grassroots model projects to fill the gaps in health justice internationally.
HWB Vision and Values
Our Primary Values
- HWB believes that health and wellness are human rights, not privileges
- HWB recognizes many global citizens lack access to primary health and wellness due to economic hardship and other barriers
- HWB promotes health justice and oppression free local and global wellness practices
- HWB engages in volunteer efforts focused primarily on natural and botanical health and wellness solutions via education, prevention, empowerment, grassroots advocacy and organizing
- HWB builds a renewed consciousness about conditions created by dominant social and economic institutions that impact all human beings; emphasizing the roles of traditional herbalists and healers who live and work within those systems often experiencing social stigma, pressure, devalued status and sub-standard wages for vital services they provide
- HWB believes that poverty is inherently violent in nature and health services must be accessible and affordable
- HWB embraces non-violence, social justice, health and wellness as means to transform cultural and global trauma and violence
- HWB creates and promotes inter-cultural herbal health education, herbal borderless medicine exchanges and actions via local to global chapters
- HWB promotes the protection and preservation of indigenous herbs and healers, including intellectual property rights that honor and respect the wisdom of both traditional plants and healers globally; regenerating valuable traditional healing wisdom and practices that have been negated, oppressed, misused or extinguished
- HWB educates the public about growing and eating of traditional local healthful natural foods and herbs; relearning and recollecting of everyday traditional cultural healing lifestyles
- HWB supports equitable, sustainable, community-based, fair trade practices pertaining to foods, herbs and botanical products
- HWB embraces grassroots empowerment models and actions, encouraging local people to utilize their own unique community resources to create accessible peoples' natural medicine clinics and other innovative holistic model projects
- HWB promotes sharing of holistic health and wellness resources and open source information that will assist all people and practitioners
- HWB believes in building foundations of honesty, trust, openness, compassion and collaboration within holistic health and wellness realms
- HWB assists herbalists and other healers with continuous training, education, technical assistance and resources
- HWB believes in creating alternative natural medicine solutions that individuals, communities and countries may begin implementing NOW